Minimum age and driver’s licence depend on the type of vehicle that you are renting.
- Drivers of passenger cars must be at least 23 years old and have held a valid class B driver’s licence for at least 1 year. Drivers of passenger cars under the age of 26 must pay an extra € 5 on the day and week prices, to a maximum of € 50.
- Drivers of luxury cars, SUVs and sports cars must be at least 25 years old and have held a valid class B driver’s licence for at least 1 year.
- Drivers of delivery and moving vans must be at least 21 years old and hold a valid class B or BE driver’s licence (depending on the vehicle type).
- Drivers of lorries must be at least 21 years old and have held a valid class C driver’s licence for at least 1 year.
- Riders of motorcycles must be at least 25 years old and have held a valid class A driver’s licence for at least 3 years.
What driver’s licence do you need to operate a vehicle?
- Class A licence: motorcycle over 50cc.
Class B licence:
- vehicle for passenger transport (max. 8 passengers and 1 driver);
- vehicle for cargo transport with total weight (vehicle + cargo) not exceeding 3500 kg;
- trailer up to 750 kg.
- Class BE driver’s licence: licenced to pull a trailer with MTM of up to 3500 kg. If the trailer has an MTM of more than 3500 kg, and the MTM of the tractor/trailer combination is up to 12000 kg, a Class C1+E driver’s licence is required. Holders of Class BE driver’s licences obtained before 1 May 2013 are permitted to pull trailers with MTM above 3500 kg but not above 12000 kg.
- Class B+96 driver’s licence: licenced to operate combination of category B pulling vehicle with a trailer with an MTM > 750 kg, with the MTM of the combi being more than 3500 kg but not more than 4250 kg.
- Class C licence – with valid driver’s medical certificate: lorries over 3500 kg, trailers up to 750 kg.
- Class CE licence: combination of a tractor unit category C with a trailer of more than 750 kg.
- Class D licence: passenger transport for more than 8 passengers.
- Class DE licence: category D tractor unit with a trailer over 750 kg, trailer may not be used for passenger transport.
Driver’s medical certificate: needed for driver’s licences from category C or for passenger transport; obtained after medical examination, certificate is valid for 5 years. Expiry of the driver’s medical certificate voids validity of the class C driver’s licence.
Digital driver’s card: drivers of class C, CE, D and DE lorries must hold a digital driver’s card. You can find the application form for a digital driver’s card at www.digitach.be.
There is an additional fee of € 15 per additional driver of a passenger car or delivery or moving van.
If you have made a booking and you want to cancel it, contact your shop to confirm this.
The technical information of the vehicles is not binding under contract law.